We are seeking a bright and enthusiastic research assistant to support our scientists in development of yeast cell factories for production of fatty acid-based ingredients. Successful applicants will be involved in strain construction, strain cultivation, metabolite analysis, as well as other laboratory support.
Applicants should be motivated, organized, dedicated, and comfortable with working in the dynamic environment of a start-up company, troubleshooting difficult projects and meeting tight deadlines. Occasionally, some activities may require working outside of standard working hours.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Construction and cultivation of yeast strains
- Testing the metabolic, physiological, and performance parameters of yeast strains
- Maintenance of laboratory collections (strains, plasmids, genes, etc.)
- Preparation of buffers, reagents, and media
- Preparation of technical reports, protocols and presentations
- Candidates should hold a Bsc or Msc degree or equivalent in biotechnology, bioengineering, microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, chemical engineering or a similar field
- Strong experience in the usage of microbiology and molecular biology methods
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Right to work in Sweden (Swedish work permit/citizenship or EU citizenship/permanent residence permit)
Additional desired qualifications:
- Experience with Saccharomyces cerevisiae or other yeasts, particularly strain construction
- Experience in metabolic engineering projects
- Experience with analytics
- Experience in running bioreactors
- Postgraduate work experience
Workplace and period of employment:
We offer an innovative research environment and opportunities to grow. We are currently located at Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg, Sweden. The initial period of employment is 1 year with possibility for prolongation.
Applications should be submitted as a single PDF file and contain the following:
- Cover letter
- Publication list (if relevant)
- References with contact information
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: January 31st, 2021.
We encourage potential applicants to apply early. Applications will be evaluated as they are received, and the position may be filled up ahead of the deadline if a qualified candidate appears.