We are currently looking for research scientists to work on metabolic engineering projects.
We are seeking bright and enthusiastic research scientists to work on developing yeast cell factories for production of fatty acid-based ingredients. Successful applicants will be responsible for the design, construction, and testing of yeast strains. Applicants may also be involved in process development and scale-up activities.
Applicants should be motivated, organized, dedicated, and comfortable with working in the dynamic environment of a start-up company, troubleshooting difficult projects and meeting tight deadlines. Occasionally, some activities may require working outside of standard working hours. The position may require travel within Sweden and abroad.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Design and construction of yeast strains
- Development of suitable cultivation and screening conditions for evaluation of yeast strains
- Testing the metabolic, physiological, and performance parameters of yeast strains
- Preparation of technical reports, protocols and presentations
- Assisting in the drafting of patent applications
- Maintenance of an in-depth knowledge of the latest advances in metabolic engineering
- Optimization of experimental workflows
- Participation in scientific meetings and conferences
- Engagement with Biopetrolia’s partners and customers
- Candidates should hold a PhD degree in biotechnology, bioengineering, microbiology, biochemistry, molecular biology, chemical engineering or a similar field
- Deep understanding of microbial (preferably yeast) metabolism
- Hands-on experience with microbial metabolic engineering (preferably Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
- Strong background in the usage of microbiology and molecular biology methods
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience in running bioreactors
- Experience with handling high-throughput experimental data
- Experience with analytics
- Post-doctoral or industrial experience
- Experience with engineering lipid metabolism
- Experience with enzymology
- Experience with using genome-scale metabolic models, bioinformatics, analysis of OMICS data and statistical data analysis
Workplace and period of employment:
We offer an innovative research environment and opportunities to grow. We are currently located at Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg, Sweden. The initial period of employment is 2 years with possibility for prolongation.
Applications should be submitted as a single PDF file and contain the following:
- Cover letter
- Publication list
- References with contact information
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: September 30th, 2020.
We encourage potential applicants to apply early. Applications will be evaluated as they are received, and the position may be filled up ahead of the deadline if a qualified candidate appears.